CHINMAYA VIDYALAYA, KANNAMALY
ANNUAL REPORT 2018 -19
Distinguished Chief Guest P.C. Sajeevan, Deputy Commissioner of Police, renowned playback singer Biju Narayanan, Secretary of the Vidyalaya Shri. Kuttapan Menon Sir, other dignitaries on and off the dias respected parents, teachers and my dear students.
It’s an honour and privilege for me to welcome each one of you to this grandiose function.
Established in 1995 Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Kannamaly focuses on the overall development of the students who can identify themselves as responsible citizens. They are taught to adapt with the changing world and at the same time to know about India’s rich cultural heritage and respect their Indian roots.
With the deep sense of exhilaration and delectation I present before you the annual report of the Vidyalaya for the academic year 2018-2019. Our hearts are filled with gratitude to Almighty God and Poojya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda.
With huge expectation and academic cogency, Chinmayites started their journey through the year 2018-19 on 4th June.
A glimpse of the academic accomplishments: – The academic prowess of Chinmayites was proved once again with the 100% success in the class X and XII examinations. Class XII students of 2017-18 batch excelled in the AISSCE examination. Of the 44 students, 40 secured distinction and 4 bagged first class. Breethesh (commerce stream) and S Vengdhanathan (science stream) emerged as school toppers by securing 94.6% and 93.6% respectively. It was also a moment of great pride for class X students as they secured 100% victory in the AISSE examination. Chinmaya added yet another golden feather by achieving centum for various subjects. Athul Krishna for science and Amiya P Anil for social Science. Out of 101 students, 4 students secured A1 for all subjects. It is not mere consistency but hard work too has paved way for excellent results. My hearty congratulations to all the toppers.
Recognition and Award:-
“Every child is born with a dream and wishes to reach the heights of success.”
The school gives them the opportunity to focus and to realize their dream in various inter and intra school competitions. Now let me announce a few of the glorious results of our students participated in the various interschool activities.
- Venkatram Shenoy of X secured the third position in the Big Q Challenge Quiz (District Level) organised by the Saint Gits and the Malayala Manorama.
- Dhanushma of Class VIII won the second prize for Gita Chanting Competition and third prize for Sanskrit Story telling organised by CIF, Piravam.
- The school Cricket Team bagged the ‘Ever Rolling Trophy’ for the Sacred Heart’s CMI Cricket Tournament organised at CMI Public School, Thevara.
- Shivani Chandra Babu of Class III C bagged four prizes – second prize for the 38th All Kerala Painting Competition, first position for the competition organized by Edakochi Prabakara Smaraka Kalamandiram, second prize for the competition organized by Kerala Fine Arts Society, Rotary Club of Cochin and third position for the competition conducted by the Directorate of Handloom and Textiles)
- Neeraj B of X was awarded the Bronze Medal for ‘Neduvadipayattu’ at the Ernakulam District Sports Kalaripayattu Championship.
- Ann Shreya of Class VIII won Gold medal for Valvali and Silver Medal for Neduvadipayattu and Adithi Krishna K A of Class VII bagged Silver Medal for Neduvadipayattu and Bronze Medal for Valvali at the Ernakulam District Sports Kalaripayattu Championship.
Orientation and workshops:
“A teacher plants the seeds of knowledge sprinkles them with love and patiently nurtures their growth to produce tomorrow’s dreams.”
It has been proven that teachers are extremely important facet of any society imparts education and encourages learning. The teachers of our Vidyalaya have attended workshops and capacity building programmes conducted by CBSE board.
- All teachers attended a motivational session by Acharya ved chaithanyaji, on ‘The different methods of teaching’ and ‘Role of a teacher.’
In order to motivate, inspire and make the students aware of the existing social issues, various awareness sessions were organised in the school.
- An awareness session on the topic ‘Child Abuse and Drug Addiction’ was organised for the IX and X students by Advocate Rajesh Antony.
- Nayana Mathew, the psychological counsellor and Life Skill trainer led an inspirational and informative session on mind power for the students of class VII and VIII.
- Class X students were taken to the Fire Station at Mattachery for a demonstration.
- Vijay Menon conducted a session on importance of Seva.
- Awareness on Anti-Narcotics and Self defence class was organised by the Police Personnel, Kannamaly Police Station for the students of class VI to VIII.
- Awareness against drug abuse conducted by a team from the ‘Fourth Wave Foundation Project.’
Co- Curricular Activities
“Education is incomplete without extra-curricular activities.”
Esperanza: Our Vidyalaya hosted a banquet of cultural and literary Fest ESPERANZA an interschool competition on 10th August 2018. Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Thripunithura won the ever-shining overall championship trophy.
Father’s Day: As part of Father’s day celebration, our students visited Karunya Bhavan, old age home in Palluruthy and spent quality time to clean the premises and entertain the inmates.
Yoga Day, Environment Day and Hiroshima Day: In order to create an admiration, compassion and commitment to our mother earth and to ensure the importance of harmony in the world, Yoga day,World Environment day and Hiroshima Day was celebrated.
Chinmaya Chunav and Investiture Ceremony: – The election for the student council members was conducted in the mo nth of June 2018. The newly invested Office Bearers took their responsibilities with zeal and zest and vowed to hold the school motto in high esteem.
The special occasions and celebrations like Guruji Swami Tejomayanada’s birthday, Ramayana Month Celebration, Gurupoornima and Chinmaya Aradhana Day instilled a light of spirituality in the students. Students were enriched with a unique experience in celebrating the life of Pujya Gurudev, Swami Chinmayananda and in stimulating His vision.
Annual Health Checkup: A health check-up was conducted in collaboration with Wellness solutions to propogate the importance of leading a healthy and positive lifestyle.
Ellavarkum Ponnonam 2018:
“Knowledge purifies the mind, Love purifies the heart, and Seva purifies karma.”
This year we Chinmayites celebrated the Onam by bringing help to those among us who are suffering.
As flooding and landslides continued to cause havoc, the Vidyalaya accommodated people who had been displaced or had lost their homes.
Seva, being an integral part of Chinmaya Vidyalaya we contributed study materials, furniture and stationery items. The campaign was organized in the presence of Shri. K.J.Maxi MLA of Cochin and Smt.Wahida, AEO Mattancherry. It was contributed to five schools in and around Ernakulam and Allapuzha district which were badly affected by the torrential rain.
Rebuilding Kerala Campaign – To extend a helping hand to the handloom weavers of Chendamangalam, our Vidyalaya decided to accumulate the manpower of Chinmaya family and to contribute to their effort by making Chekkutty dolls. All the parents and students of the Vidyalya were urged to spend their valuable time for this noble venture.
Srikrishna Jayanthi, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Diwali, Navarathri and Mathrupooja were the other most auspicious celebrations which awakened the spiritual senses.
The special days like Independence Day, Gandhi Jayanti, Children’s day, Kerala Piravi and Heritage day, A.P.J Abdul Kalam’s birth anniversary, National unity day, imparted an emotion of love for the motherland and passion to serve our fellow – country men.
School activities like Teacher’s day, Grandparents day, Hindi day etc made the students to stay united.
“By the spirit of team work may you all prosper.” (Bhagavad-Gita)
Our Vidyalaya always encouraged the students in the pursuit of their full potential to meet the school Athletic meet, Cross country race etc. which provides not only physical benefits but also social and psychological benefits to them.
All the good work of the Vidyalaya has been possible with the cooperation of our dedicated teachers.
Before concluding the report, I bow my head in reverence to the God Almighty for the blessings He has showered upon this institution and Poojya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda for the eternal presence. We are indeed blessed to have a very supportive management and staff. Very special thanks to all the Advisory Council members who have helped us throughout the years.
I would also like to extend my sincere gratitude to all the parents and each one of you who encouraged us in all our endeavours to produce a confident, educated and capable student each year. Thus, shaping the future of our children who are the destiny of this country. I invoke the blessings of the Almighty to enable us to continue the tradition of excellence in all our pursuits.